When you are looking around you probably find the following ways to start getting backlinks to your pages.
- Blogs: Find blogs, leave comments, gets backlinks. Simple. Just don’t forget to check to see if the backlinks are marked as nofollow. If so, don’t waste your time.
- Forums: Post in forums that allow you to have links in your signature. Just don’t over do it and spam or your accounts will get deleted. Also, check out the profile pages for your account. Lots of them will let you leave a link to your home page. Search for a massive searchable list of tons of forums to get started with.
- Article Directories – Submit your articles preferably after rewriting them to other, less popular article directories for the backlinks. See Appendix A for a list of article directories to use.
- Web2.0 sites – Create lenses at Squidoo, blogs at Blogger and webpages at Weebly. More details later on how to make this super effective. See Appendix B for a list of Web2.0 sites to use.
- Social Bookmarking sites – Digg, Technorati and friends. If enough people like your content and “vote it up” you’ll also get traffic from these sites. More to follow about just how useful these sites are. See Appendix C for a list of social bookmarking sites to use.
- Directory submissions – There are tons of sites that exist purely to be lists of other sites. Easy backlinks although not worth a whole lot. See Appendix D for a list of directories to submit to.
- RSS directories – Lots of sites exist only to aggregate your RSS feeds for no more effort than submitting them. See Appendix E for a list of RSS directories to submit to.
If you want to cut down on your research time in exchange for a small fee then I know some people are doing the reserches for you like they offere a getting backlink packets. Every month they research dozens of high PR sites and provide a step-by-step report on how to get backlinks from them.
My comments: these are all totally a waste of your time. None of the above efforts are recoganized in my Google Webmaster’s “All Links To Your Site” count except one major link from my own Facebook page.
Check the other article of mine
“If this is so effective, why bother with anything else?”
With good keyword and competition research you should easily be able to get a decent income going just by driving the traffic that results from this to affiliate products or similar offers. But this technique isn’t the be all and end all of SEO. It can be quite hit and miss. It can take a while to get your backlinks indexed by Google and it’s hard to know how many have been found since
Google won’t tell you specifics about how many you’ve got. And this technique certainly falls apart when you’re trying to rank your own site. A new site, that isn’t trusted by Google will quickly be
dropped from the SERPs if you build backlinks in this fairly naive way. The rest of this guide focuses on how to speed this process up to make your backlink building work more effective and ultimately earn you more money.